|Podcast Summary • Podcast Transcript|
April 25th, 2008Edit
- Next podcast will be a video podcast with the set decorator discussing the London set and the Freighter set
- Carlton prefers doing audio podcast to video podcasts
- The title is from an H. G. Wells novel
- Q: How did Ben appear? Is it the same place as the polar bear skull?
- How Ben appeared will be answered eventually, this is a set up for a plot element that's going to appear much later. Ben's disorientation and the vapor rising from him are clues. "Darlton" nickname his coat the "Dharka". The skull and Ben are in the same country at least (Tunisia), if not the same exact location,.
- Q: Does Ben have control over the smoke monster? Where did he go?
- Open question of whether it's a room or under the house. They like the idea of a secret room inside a secret room, joke that next season there will be a "secret room inside the secret room inside the secret room" and that each season of Lost brings a new secret room. That Ben is covered in soot/dust/dirt is a clue. It's fair to say he summoned the monster, but also fair to say that there are consequences to calling the monster that even Ben doesn't have control over, and he was clearly nervous about it. Ben wasnt telling complete truth about not knowing what monster was to Locke.
- The scene in London was actually shot in London to accommodate Alan Dale not being able to travel during his role in Spamalot.
- The producers compare the scene between Ben and Widmore to the scene in Heat between De Niro and Pacino.
- It's an open question whether the "rules" are an agreement between Ben and Widmore or of they are determined by some larger forces.
- If the birds are flying at the right bearing, then they are fine. If not, then they are susceptible to the time difference, and what does that say about the gull sent by Claire?
- All bets are off. We reserve the right to do flashforwards, flashbacks, flashsideways, and none of the above. I think when you see what we have cooking [for the finale]... you'll be asking what form Season 5 will take.
- Hopefully, by the end of the season, you'll see more of Jack. Perhaps next week.
- After the zombie season..
- It was really Harper. (The whispers often seem to herald the appearance of the Others)