Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
(written from a Production point of view)
Michelle Marie Rodriguez
|Character(s)||Ana Lucia Cortez|
|Date of Birth||July 12, 1978 (age 38)|
|Origin||Bexar County, Texas, USA|
Mayte Michelle Rodriguez played the role of Ana Lucia Cortez.
Michelle Rodriguez was born to a Puerto Rican father (named Rafael Rodríguez) and a mother from the Dominican Republic (named Carmen Milady Pared) and has a total of ten siblings and half-siblings. She lived in Texas until the age of eight, when her family moved to the Dominican Republic. The family lived there for two years before relocating to nearby Puerto Rico. When she was eleven, her family moved for the last time to Jersey City, New Jersey. She was raised a Jehovah's Witness in the Dominican Republic, but is no longer associated with them . She speaks fluent Spanish.
Michelle is known for portraying "tough chicks" on screen. She was an extra in such films as Summer of Sam (1999) and Cradle Will Rock (1999) and starred in the movies Blue Crush and SWAT. Her breakout role was the female lead in the movie Girlfight (2000), which led to notable acting roles in The Fast and the Furious and Resident Evil.
More recently she has a significant supporting role in "Avatar" playing Trudy Chacon, a combat pilot. She will star in Battle: Los Angeles (2011), Robert Rodriguez's Machete (2010) (Along with Jeff Fahey and Cheech Marin) and the historical drama Trópico de Sangre.
- She was the original choice for the title role in Aeon Flux (2005) which was directed by the same director as Girlfight.
- Voice-acted for the video game Halo 2.
- Was arrested on December 1, 2005, within 15 minutes of Cynthia Watros (Libby). Both women were charged with DUI (drunk driving). Having been found guilty, Rodriguez decided to do time in jail rather than do community service. She was sentenced to six days in prison, out of which she served three. This conviction also broke the terms of her probation for a previous reckless driving conviction in the state of California. Upon her return to the state, she was immediately sentenced to 60 days in jail and her probation was extended for another two years.
- Before the DUI, Rodriguez was cited three times for speeding on Oahu in 2005. On Aug. 24 Rodriguez was fined $197 for driving 80mph in a 50 zone, On Nov.1 was fined $357 for driving 83mph in a 55 zone, and on Oct 20 a $399 fine for driving 90mph in a 35 zone.
- Stated on "Good Morning America" on May 04, 2006 that the death of Ana Lucia was not a consequence of her recent DUI arrest. She claims that her original contract stated that her character would die toward the end of Season 2.
- It was rumored that her character was killed off in the series because she is such a nightmare to work with, according to reports in the US. These rumors have since been dismissed by Damon Lindelof.
- Rodriguez was rumored to be in a relationship with actress Kristanna Loken, who did not deny it when asked directly, although Loken has since married and Rodriguez has denied in a recent interview that she is a lesbian.
- As of September 2007, Rodriguez may be facing imprisonment due to possible revocation of her probation. , . 
- On December 24, 2007, Rodriguez began serving her 180 day prison term for violating probation at Century Regional Detention Facility in Lynwood, CA. 
- Due to good behavior and overcrowded prisons, she was released early, only serving 18 days. 
- AP Article on 2005 speeding citations
- Honolulu Advetiser - December 1, 2005, Lost actors arrested for DUI
- Honolulu Advertiser - December 3, 2005 - Two Lost actresses failed DUI tests
- Thesmokinggun - Mug shot
- Honolulu Advertiser - December 14, 2006 - Troubles on road could land 'Lost' star in prison
- E! Online - December 29, 2005 - "Lost Stars Arraigned for DUIs"
- Honolulu Advertiser - December 30, 2005 - Actress pleads not guilty, could serve jail time here
- Honolulu Advertiser - April 26, 2006 - "Lost Actress Opts for Jail Time"
- Honolulu Advertiser - April 28, 2006 - 'Lost' actress released from jail this morning
- E! Online - July 21, 2006 - More Jail Time for Michelle Rodriguez
- Access Hollywood - September 28, 2007 - Michelle Rodriguez's Probation To Be Revoked?
- Associated Press - December 24, 2007 - Former "Lost" Star to Serve 180 Days