|Clues · Revelations · Sponsorship · Websites|
|Mental Health Appeal|
|Known Facilities||Vik Institute, Vik, Iceland|
| "A society should not merely be measured by its brightest lights, but on how the brightest light the way for those who cannot shine for themselves."
The Mental Health Appeal is one of the current active projects being undertaken by The Hanso Foundation. It acts as a campaign to get mental health patients the best treatment with clinics all over the world participating.
About the MHAEdit
It has always been the steadfast belief of Alvar Hanso that the mentally ill must be given every opportunity to not only heal, but to realize the potential robbed of them by their sickness. Every day, thousands of potentially productive minds are crippled by terrible diseases. The Hanso Foundation is committed to restoring these tragic losses. The Hanso Foundation's Mental Health Appeal is a world-spanning system of clinics seeking revolutionary new treatments. It is nothing short of a crusade to rid us all of the spectre of debilitating illnesses that truly hold hostage the human race's drive for a better future. From Gene Therapies, to radical pharmaceutical treatments and the cutting edge in both surgery and psychotherapy, the Hanso Foundation's Mental Health Appeal is moving forward to fulfill Alvar Hanso's ambitious mandate: the complete eradication of all mental illness by the end of the century.
The Hanso Foundation Mental Health Appeal is pleased to announce the grand re-opening of our flagship clinic, the Vik Institute.
Located outside the southern coastal city of Vik, Iceland, the Vik Institute is nestled amongst the stark beauty of fjords and geothermal lakes. It is an unusual setting for a mental health clinic, but one whose natural beauty affords the maximum therapeutic benefit.
Only hours away from the capital city of Reykjavik, the Vik Institute offers healing and solace in a beautiful environment of awe-inspiring wonder. It is a place that brings hope and care to those in the most dire need -- and a place where scientists may discover the cures of tomorrow while improving the lives of the patients today. (from www.thehansofoundation.org)
The Lost ExperienceEdit
- The Lost Experience revealed a letter from Vik Institute director Dr. Armand Zander to Thomas Mittelwerk, wherein Zander complained about the conditions of the institute, stating that new doctors constantly enter and leave, an incident where twenty autistic savant patients were administered secret proprietary memory tests, and the third sub-basement, which is apparently a secret ward containing patients whose illness is unknown to the director.
- The Vik Institute was also the site of a serious fire, leaving renowned mathematician Vigi Benoffski dead and 3 others injured. The fire took place at 3 am.
- In a meeting with Rachel Blake in Vik, Iceland, Zander revealed that mathematicians are kept in the sub-basement of the facility, working with autistic savant patients on an equation. Zander also stated that the equation seemed to be made up of Egyptian hieroglyphs. It was after this that Rachel Blake reported Zander to be missing, accused of setting the fire at the Vik Institute. Blake suspects that they were working on the Valenzetti Equation.
- In Italy, Rachel recorded a conversation where Mittelwerk described the Mental Health Appeal as "key to all our future plans."
- Malik revealed that Hanso created the Mental Health Appeal "to save a loved one."