A main counterpoint often plays in conjunction with and as a countermelody to the show's main theme.
Full list of appearances
- Jack accepts Boone's pens and then hunts for a sewing kit. ("Pilot, Part 1")
- Sawyer lights up a cigarette.
- Kate agrees to let Sun keep watch as she bathes. ("Pilot, Part 2")
- Jack tells Kate that their pre-Island lives no longer matter. ("Tabula Rasa")
- Jack suggests that Adam and Eve lived in the caves. ("House of the Rising Sun")
- Jack walks away from Kate, having failed to convince her to come to the caves.
- Sun prepares to leave the airport but stays with Jin.
- Walt catches sight of Jack, who has just escaped the caves. ("The Moth")
- Soon after, the crowd congratulates Charlie for his contribution.
- Charlie regains consciousness, after Jack resuscitates him. ("All the Best Cowboys Have Daddy Issues")
- Sawyer attempts to open the Halliburton case by dropping it from a tree. ("Whatever the Case May Be")
- The survivors move to the second beach camp.
- Kate reveals Sun's garden to Jack. ("Hearts and Minds")
- Michael watches Walt playing with Vincent.
- Michael and Walt survey the damage to the raft. ("...In Translation")
- Jin talks to his father about Sun.
- Hurley gives Sayid the battery he received from Rousseau. ("Numbers")
- Sawyer looks successfully through his new glasses. ("Deus Ex Machina")
- Boone starts his last words. ("Do No Harm")
- The survivors hold Boone's funeral. ("The Greater Good")
- The sun sets as survivors work on the raft. ("Born to Run")
- After Sayid's return, he and Shannon embrace. ("Exodus, Part 3")
- Ana speaks to Eko for the first time. ("The Other 48 Days")
- Michael and Ana talk before he shoots her. ("Two for the Road")
- Claire and Charlie kiss. ("Live Together, Die Alone, Part 2")
- Juliet sets up her hut at the beach camp. ("One of Us")
- Charlie's ring is shown in Aaron's crib, after Claire and Aaron leave the beach camp. ("Greatest Hits")
- Rose talks to Bernard before leaving for the radio tower. ("Through the Looking Glass, Part 1")
- Daniel, Jin, Sun, Aaron, and other survivors depart the Island on the Zodiac. ("There's No Place Like Home, Part 1")
- Sawyer and Hurley approach the helicopter. ("There's No Place Like Home, Part 2")
- Juliet thanks Daniel for his help on the Island, as he and other survivors depart on the Zodiac.
- Michael sends Jin to the helicopter. ("There's No Place Like Home, Part 3")
- Juliet and Kate convince Sawyer to go back to the Island with them to stop Jack from detonating the bomb. ("The Incident, Part 1")
- The shootout occurs at the Swan construction site. ("The Incident, Part 2")
- Sun writes on her notepad to Jack about meeting Locke. ("The Package")
- Sun wakes up in the hospital. ("The Last Recruit")
- Jack volunteers to become Protector. ("What They Died For")
- Jack and Kate speak before they kiss goodbye. ("The End")
The motif relates to the main theme.
The counterpoint appears in "Ana Cries", "Bobbing for Freighters", "Credit Where Credit Is Due," "Departing Sun", "Flying High", "The Long Kiss Goodbye", "Moving On", "Oceanic 815", "Shepharding Sun", "Sunny Outlook", "The Incident" and "What They Died For". A number of other variations appear as Jughead's theme.