Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
(written from a Production point of view)
|Date of Birth||September 21, 1983 (age 33)|
|Origin||Worthington, Ohio, USA|
Maggie Grace played the role of Shannon Rutherford.
Maggie Grace was born Margaret Grace Denig in Worthington, Ohio. Maggie has two younger siblings, Marisa and Ian.
Grace was first seen in an online weekly video (or webisode) called Rachel's Room (2001–2002), in which she portrayed a teen in her room expressing teen angst and talking about a conflict between her and mother and teachers. It was shown on ScreenBlast, a site owned and operated by Sony Pictures.
Maggie starred in her first film in 2002 with Murder in Greenwich (2002) and then Shop Club (2002). In 2003, at the age of 20, she played an estranged daughter of Wendy Crewson and Tom Selleck in the drama Twelve Mile Road (2003).
Grace's career breakthrough came one year later with Lost, playing Shannon, one of the main characters of a serial drama with an ensemble cast. She was officially credited as part of the main cast from the "Pilot, Part 1" episode through the second season's 7th episode, "The Other 48 Days". In her subsequent appearance in the 8th episode, "Collision", she was billed as "Special Guest Star", and after her character's death, she appeared on Lost in "Exposé". In "The End", she returned to Lost as a main character.
Since leaving Lost, she starred in a recent 2005 remake of an old horror film, The Fog, in a starring role opposite Tom Welling. In 2007, Maggie filmed Suburban Girl and Taken which was just released in the U.S. 
- Grace made guest appearances in two Lost spoof videos
- Grace's favorite foods are chocolate and strawberries.
- Shop Club (2002)
- Murder in Greenwich (2002)
- Twelve Mile Road (2003)
- Creature Unknown (2003)
- The Fog (2005)
- Suburban Girl (2007)
- The Jane Austen Book Club (2007)
- Taken (2008)
- Malice in Wonderland (2009)
- Flying Lessons (2010)
- Knight & Day (2010)
- The Experiment (2010)
- Faster (2010)
- Septuplets (2002)
- Oliver Beene (2004)
- Lost (2004–2010)
- CSI: Miami (2003)
- The Lyon's Den (2003)
- Miracles (2003)
- Like Family (2004)
- Cold Case (2004)
- Law and Order: Special Victims Unit (2004)
- Rachel's Room (2001)
- Nobody's Watching (2006)
- Nomination for the 2003 "Young Artists Award in a TV Movie, Mini-Series or Special" for her role in Murder in Greenwich.
- Nomination for a Teen Choice Award for Best TV Female Breakout Performance for her role as Shannon Rutherford on Lost in 2005.
Grace has appeared as a talk show guest in the following:
Grace has been featured as the main topic of the following magazine articles:
- August 8, 2004: Sunset on the Beach (Season 1 premiere)
- June 18, 2005: Appearance at Disney-MGM Studios 
- July 16, 2005 Comic Con 2005—Lost S1 DVD Q&A Panel 
- September 14, 2005: Sunset on the Beach (Season 2 premiere)
- September 29–October 1, 2006: Collectormania 10 (United Kingdom) 
The following websites are dedicated to Maggie Grace:
- Justjared.buzznet - Picture gallery
- Maggie Grace at IMDB
- Maggie Grace at TV.com
- Maggie Grace at Flixster
- Cast member photos at Lost-Media
- Collectormania 10 - Fan gallery of Grace and Ian Somerhalder