Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) was the destination of Oceanic Flight 815 flying from Sydney, Australia. The flight never reached LAX due to the aircraft's crash on/near the Island. In the flash sideways, however, the plane landed safely at LAX.
Christian Shephard and Ana Lucia at the LAX bar in ("Two for the Road").
- "Two for the Road": Ana Lucia, after working for the Los Angeles Police Department becomes a security guard at LAX, where she meets Christian Shephard. They have a drink at the airport bar, when Christian invites her to be his bodyguard in Australia.
- "316": The flight of Ajira Airways, which brings five of the Oceanic Six, Ben and Locke back to the island, departs at the Los Angeles Airport.
- "Through the Looking Glass, Part 2"; In the flash-forward, Jack arranged to meet Kate near LAX, stating "you know where"; they meet just beyond the gates outside the end of the runway.
- "There's No Place Like Home, Part 2"; A continuation of when Jack met with Kate in "Through the Looking Glass, Part 2" outside the end of the runway.
After their deaths, characters re-imagined their flight on Oceanic 815, this time actually arriving at LAX. At the airport, characters experienced various complications.
The airport courthouse in ("Happily Ever After").
- Jin did not declare a large sum of money in his luggage and was held for further questioning, while Sun was ordered to stay in the waiting room. ("LA X, Part 2")
- Jack was informed that his father's body was never placed on Flight 815 and was currently "in transit". ("LA X, Part 2")
- Locke had luggage containing his knives lost in transit. ("LA X, Part 2") His knives were later recovered and delivered to him. ("The Substitute")
- Kate escaped from custody in the womens bathroom, hijacking a taxi cab which Claire was also riding in. ("LA X, Part 2")
- Charlie was arraigned at the airport courthouse. Afterwards he was met by Desmond, and they went across the street to JAX for a drink. ("Happily Ever After")