|Main Article||Theories about|
Lord of the Flies
|Theories may be removed if ...|
See the Lostpedia theory policy for more details.
- Lord of the Flies similarities will grow and progress as the series continues.
- The empty rocking chair (aka supreme force of the Lost island) was a reference to the rocking dead parachutist (aka monster and supreme force of the LotF island).
- There are many similarities in the characters, as if some of the characters from Lost are based on some from the book;
- Piggy from LotF-Hurley from Lost: Both characters are overweight and show signs of being the, "Why is this going on?" type of character (They both have common sence).
- Jack from LotF-Locke from Lost: Both are hunters that will do whatever it takes including murder for what they believe to be what's good for the island, both lead a group when the people split up into two groups on the island.
- Ralph from LotF-Jack from Lost: Both are the "Good Guy" defacto leaders that care for the group. Both started their leadership by building shelters on a beach camp, both focus on using fire to help get them rescued (Jack's was the time when he wanted to wait for night to burn the fuselage), both lead a group when the people split up into two groups on the island.