The island is also a real life place that is located in the Coral Sea (which is named for its primary feature, the Great Barrier Reef) , 1624 km northwest of Brisbane, Australia.
It was named by Captain Cook when he was passing it on 12 August 1770. He remarked, "The only land Animals we saw here were Lizards, and these seem'd to be pretty Plenty, which occasioned my naming the Island Lizard Island."
- The island, located about 1,500 kilometres northwest of the Australian city of Brisbane, is designated as a national park by the Queensland Parks and Wildlife service.
- The area is considered sacred by the Dingiil aboriginals, who call the island Jiigurru.
- It is known as Dyiigurra to the Dingaal.
- The Book at Amazon.com
- Bad Twin on the Hyperion Website.
- Bad Twin on the Gary Troup Website.
- Wikipedia article on the coral sea
- Wikipedia article on Lizard Island
|This article is a location stub|
This location-related article is short and lacking information. You can help Lostpedia by .