Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
(written from a Production point of view)
Jim Triplett was the Hawaii locations scout (also known as location manager) for Lost's production crew beginning partway through Season 2 through partway through Season 6. He was also credited as an associate producer for season 5 and 6.
Triplett was responsible for finding suitable filming locations. He was listed in one source (link) as being the location manager for Hawaii, and Michael Haro is listed for LA. A resident of Hawaii since the 1970s, Triplett also worked in cooperation of the Hawaii Film Office in the various permitting processes involved in securing a filming site. Triplett succeeded Stephanie Spangler [] as the location manager in Hawaii for Lost and worked alongside location manager "Randy Spangler"" through the run of the show.
- Lost: The Complete Third Season (DVD)
- The World of the Others
- "Crew Tribute with Evangeline Lilly"
- Featured in "Escaping The Island".
- Triplett also co-hosted a seminar at the 2009 Hawaii International Film Festival with Zack Grobler, John Bartley, and Michael Crowe, entitled "Master Class: "Bringing the Design of Each Episode Together".
- Hawaiifilmandvideo Directory listing for locations managers in Hawaii. Triplett is listed here.
- Hawaii Film Office blog (June 2005)
- Honolulu Star-Bulletin (June 2006) Article on replanting areas used by Lost.
- Honolulu Star-Bulletin (February 4, 2007) Article on Triplett and Zack Grobler
- Bringing the Design of Each Episode Together (November 2009) Audio from the Hawaii International Film Festival "Master Class" on "LOST" featuring Triplett and other crew members, via The Transmission.