|Main Article||Theories about|
|Theories may be removed if ...|
See the Lostpedia theory policy for more details.
- The diary is not canon, and her story has little significance besides an ABC promotional tie-in.
- The mystery of her life before the crash alluded to in the diary (i.e. what happened in Louisiana) has been revealed in over a year.
- If she were captured or killed, the other survivors would have noticed her absence.
- The second author, despite living on the beach with the other survivors, does not know who she is.
- In the Lost Experience Jeep-sponsored site letyourcompassguideyou.com, a webmaze reveals a list of Hanso Foundation personnel directories (ahanso, hmcintyr, tmittelw, etc.). Among the list is a jgranger. It seems likely this is just an easter egg.
- It seems unlikely that she is either dead or missing, as her diary makes several references to her forming friendships with other survivors, including a couple of the main characters. Her disappearence or death would have been noticed. It seems more likely that she simply lost her diary. The "bright fiery flash" was probably the dynamite that Jack, Locke, etc. used to blow the hatch open.
- She went with Jack after the split because she is determined to get off the island.
- When she thought she heard someone behind her she was really hearing the whispers and it was just too dark to distiguish between a person and the whispers she'd heard before.
- Same person as Sexy Blue Striped Shirt Girl
- Both found Scott Jackson's body (can see SBSSG over his body). (See Sexy Blue Striped Shirt Girl/Theories.)