|Main Article||Theories about|
|Theories may be removed if ...|
See the Lostpedia theory policy for more details.
- He is missing a finger. Robert Patrick had the third finger on his left hand tucked behind a glass which could imply a missing finger. His hand was hidden or folded in all other
- Betrayed Sawyer at some time in the past, to the extent that Sawyer threatened to kill him.
- It's likely that in a future episode a Sawyer-flashback will contain Hibbs, maybe about how he betrayed Sawyer. In this episode the mystery about his assumed missing finger could be resolved, and could contain more information about "The Tampa Job".
- Hibbs is responsible for the chain of events that led Sawyer to end up on the Island. Therefore, there's a chance Hibbs may be connected to the Dharma Initiative.
- Since he is the only person (besides Sawyer) who could have known about Sawyer killing Duckett, he may have been in contact with the Others. This doesn't mean he is working directly with them - he could simply have been questioned by whoever was tasked with building James Ford's file.