"Good Vibrations" is a 1966 pop single by The Beach Boys, featured in "Through the Looking Glass, Part 1". In order for inhabitants on the Island to receive and send transmissions, a code must be entered into the jamming mechanism, located in the Looking Glass station. The code is the melody of "Good Vibrations". The song was composed by Brian Wilson with lyrics by Wilson and Mike Love.
I, I love the colorful clothes she wears
The musical note sequence to Good Vibrations is the code to disable the jamming device in the Looking Glass station. The incomplete numerical sequence of sixteen numbers dictated by Bonnie is 5-4-5-8-7-7-5-5-4-3-7-7-6-1-1-3.
- The video of the scene does not match with the audio, nor does the video match the code as given by Bonnie. For example in the audio, the second and third notes are different, yet the video shows Charlie pressing the same note (5).
- The full nineteen-note code as played by Charlie in C-Major: A G A C C D D F G G G F A A G F C D C.
- The changes in these notes of the actual melody in the audio track do not correspond to the sequence of changes given by Bonnie, assuming that each key only plays one note.
- The security keypad contains sixteen numbered keys, along with four function keys along the bottom row.
- A 19-note code would therefore have 1619, or 7.55578637 × 1022 possible combinations.
- Wikipedia - "Good Vibrations"