|Main Article||Theories about|
|Theories may be removed if ...|
See the Lostpedia theory policy for more details.
- As Jack is given a golden pass by Oceanic before April 2007 ("Through the Looking Glass, Part 2"), they are fully aware that there are some survivors from Flight 815. Jack was also making extensive use of the pass before April 2007, so their temporary closure as stated in the press release of 28th December 2007, must have occurred during this time period.
- Perhaps a homage to the Willy Wonka golden tickets?
- Pass receivers also get a "tour of the factory" of sorts where many secrets get revealed.
- Fits the homage label because Jack and the other Survivors will now find all the answers they've been looking for on this trip to the Island.
- At the end of Through the Looking Glass, it is implied that the golden pass is given to the crash survivors as compensation. For whatever reason, everyone on Oceanic Flight 815 made some deal PRIOR to the flight to obtain this golden pass. This is a partial explanation as to how everyone could have been linked together and ended up on the same flight.