Fair use in Musical score
This is an image of sheet music from a copyrighted musical composition. The composition originated from the television program Lost, produced by ABC, Touchstone Television, and Bad Robot Productions; it has appeared on a cd recording released by Varèse Sarabande; and it was transcribed by Lostpedia user Graft. It is believed its use qualifies as fair use under United States copyright law because:
- It is being used for explanatory purposes with regard to the composition in question.
- It is being used for explanatory purposes with regard to the article in question.
- There exists elsewhere no free equivalent.
- A small portion of the work in question is being used.
- A limited number of uses are included in the article and on Lostpedia.
- It is not used in a manner that is likely to replace the original market role of the original copyrighted media.
Any other uses of this image, on Lostpedia or elsewhere, may be copyright infringement.