(Fan created content. Distinct from hoaxes and parodies)
There are a number of fan-made simulations/games aimed at recreating the old Apple computer interface from the hatch for use on modern home computers. These range from versions which can be viewed on websites, downloaded as standalone PC applications, widgets or based in IRC.
Most of them include the common themes of saving the world by entering the code and pushing the button after waiting for a 108 minute counter to reach the 4 minute mark.
- Enterthecode.com - link - This site is one of the oldest fan-based countdown timer websites, and maintains a registered user base and keeps detailed statistics
- Enterthehatch.com - link - This site also maintains a registered user base and statistics
- SavetheHatch.com - link
- LOST Bunker - link
- Lost Button (button108) - link - A Twitter account which "enters" (aka tweets) the Numbers every 108 minutes.
- Station3.tv - link - On this site users create accounts and try keep their timer ticking. If their timer runs out they lose and have to start again. Their time "alive" get's shown on the global highscore list.
- The-Button.com - link
- 4-8-15-16-23-42.com - link
- Webcyte.co.uk - link - Creators of The SWAN, a free downloadable simulator for your home computer!
- LOST Countdown
- Lost Tools - simulator and screensaver
- Station 3 Simulator
- Lost Dharma Clock
- Silverlight Lost Button with Source Code