|Main Article||Theories about|
|Theories may be removed if ...|
See the Lostpedia theory policy for more details.
The Driver of the Car Edit
- Emily Locke runs out of the house for her date with the father of her child. She runs toward the street as a vehicle approaches and steps partly onto the roadway. Instead of slowing, the driver accelerates (or at least maintains speed) and hits Emily. We never see the face of the driver of the car.
Theory 1: The Driver is Anthony Cooper Edit
- As her old boyfriend (and perhaps unbeknownst to him) the father of her unborn child, he is jealous of the older man Emily is dating instead of him (see the Identity of Locke's father theories above).
- We know Cooper attempts to kill his son later in life.("The Man from Tallahassee") Cooper does not want to be encumbered by a wife and child. He leaves the scene. Nothing we've seen so far addresses any manhunt that occurred. Therefore, Cooper is the driver.
Theory 2: The Driver is Richard Alpert Edit
- This is how Richard killed Juliet's husband after she suggested she could work for him if her ex-husband was hit by a bus. Similarly, he is watching Emily (he comes to the hospital when the infant Locke is ready to come out of the incubator).
- It has never been proven that Richard had anything to do with her ex's death.
- The accident is a test to see if Locke is their new 'un-killable' leader, like Ben implied Widmore was, and as we have seen Locke survive a plane crash, heal from paralysis, survive an 8 story fall, the removal of a kidney and a gunshot.