|Main Article||Theories about|
|Theories may be removed if ...|
See the Lostpedia theory policy for more details.
- Elsa is Charlotte's younger sister (Ben told us Charlotte was the eldest of three girls ("Confirmed Dead")).
- That is theoretically possible I suppose, but Charlotte is English while Elsa is American.
- The third could be Sherry, who was working in the company of Edmund Burke maybe to spy on Juliet's work.
- Elsa was aware (or at least has considered) that Sayid was after her and/or her boss. (When she is speaking in German on her cell phone just after shooting Sayid, Elsa says, "No, he had no idea." She's referring to Sayid, implying that he was ignorant of the truth: that Elsa was aware of his agenda from the start and she was the one playing him to get information.) ("The Economist")
- Elsa's boss is Charles Widmore. Charles has mentioned in The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham that he's keeping tabs on all of the Oceanic 6. Elsa was the person assigned to Sayid. Charles got wind of Ben keeping tabs on the O6 so he gave Elsa a new mission: to get as information regarding Ben and his involvement. Widmore knows by now that Ben has been exiled. Ben knows Widmore is keeping tabs so he wants Sayid to eliminate these people who are watching the O6.
- When she mentioned the L word, Sayid began having regrets about his deception. That is why he told her to leave town, which is probably against protocol.
- Elsa was expecting her boss' page but he paged half an hour too early (She said, "You were supposed to call at 10:30, not 10!" ("The Economist")) which is why she was saying to Sayid that they should get out of bed. She was lying about not knowing when her boss could possibly page her/be in town and either had other means of communicating with him or had a specifically timed plan in place all along.
- The cafe where Elsa and Sayid meet is named "Die Mauer" or "The Wall", most likely a reference to the Berlin Wall.
- Elsa is the Economist. The tone of her conversation on the phone could just as easily be that she was in charge. Ben's first question to Sayid after Elsa's death was "Is she dead?" implying that she was the actual target all along.