(written from a Production point of view)
|Date of Birth||Unknown|
Edward "Eddy" Kitsis was an executive producer and writer for Lost. He is part of a writing duo with Adam Horowitz. Many of his works, and all of his credited of his episodes of Lost have been co-written with Horowitz. He and Horowitz are both alumni of the University of Wisconsin, Madison, and met in their "Introduction to Film" class, and have been writing together as a duo ever since.
Kitsis was born to Tybe and Arlen Kitsis of Minneapolis. In May of 2002, it was announced that he was engaged to Jennifer Susman, also a TV/film graduate of University of Texas in 1999. They married on March 29, 2003 in Scottsdale, Arizona.
After graduating with a bachelor's degree in radio, television, and film, Kitsis traveled with Horowitz to Los Angeles. They initially worked as assistants and messengers until landing a job writing scripts for the remake of Fantasy Island. It was canceled after 13 episodes, but they went on to write for both Felicity and Popular, before joining Lost halfway into the first season.
Carlton Cuse hired them for Lost in the second half of Season 1 and they worked as writers and producers from "Numbers" onwards. They became supervising producers for the second season and continued to contribute to episodes. They became co-executive producers from the third season and reprised this role for the fourth season. They were promoted again to executive producers for the fifth season.
- Lost: The Complete Second Season (DVD)
- Lost: The Complete Third Season (DVD)
- The World of the Others
- "Lost in a Day", at the "4:39 pm Los Angeles" segment.
- Kitsis co-hosts the Official Lost Podcast on March 30, 2007, with Adam Horowitz
- Eddie and Adam both answer questions from the editor in the beginning segment of Lost: The Official Magazine.
Work on Lost
Kitsis has co-written the following episodes of Lost with Adam Horowitz:
|Season 1||Season 2|
|Season 3||Season 4|
|Season 5||Season 6|
- Kitsis attended the University of Wisconsin, Madison, where he met Adam Horowitz. After graduating, they traveled to Los Angeles, and worked together on Fantasy Island, Felicity, and Popular, before joining the Lost team halfway through the first season.
- Variety - Lost scribes ink overall deal - article on Kitsis' and Horowitz's deal with ABC
- Questions for Eddy on thefuselage.com
- BuddyTV - September 27, 2007 - Interview
- UGO TV - Dec 11, 2007 interview with Jon Lachonis
- Wired Magazine - April 19, 2010 article describing the creation of Geronimo Jackson