|Main Article||Theories about|
|Theories may be removed if ...|
See the Lostpedia theory policy for more details.
- Part of the DHARMA initiative's remit as per the Swan Orientation Film is to study Utopian Social Engineering, by the industrialist magnate, Alvar Hanso.
- Ana Lucia may have represented the far political right of the Capitalistic framework of Jack, reinforced by the fact that Jack approached her about forming an "army".
- DHARMA's experiments at manipulating the decisions of individuals through the use of the mask of authority mirrors the attempts of Jack and Sawyer to manipulate others to their authority according to Socialistic and Capitalistic philosophies, respectively. For example, Locke and Desmond were swayed by DHARMA, as Charlie was swayed by Sawyer in helping his con for the guns, and the majority of survivors were swayed by Jack to move to the caves.
- Eko may represent a Theocratic counterbalance to Capitalism and Socialism. Again, Charlie was swayed by this framework.
- The Others may represent Technocracy gone bad.