|Main Article||Theories about|
|Theories may be removed if ...|
See the Lostpedia theory policy for more details.
- The dynamite was brought to the Island with the intention of destroying the box that Ben mentions in "The Man from Tallahassee". Something went wrong and it was never used for that purpose.
- Although the 'box' is a metaphor, whatever Ben was referring to could still potentially be blown up.
- Locke supposed the ship was from a mining colony so the dynamite may have been used for blasting rock.
- If the original survivors of the Black Rock found ways of going back and forth from the island to civilization without the use of a ship, interdimensional travel or something like that, they may have used the Black Rock as their base of operations on the Island. This would mean that they aquired the dynamite after the ship was marooned there. Later DHARMA was established and then all but Ben (that we know of) were killed and the survivors abandoned the Black Rock and made use of the DHARMA stations.
- What would happen if Richard actually held a stick of dynamite while it exploded?
- His beak would probably just get knocked around to the back of his head, like Daffy Duck.