Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Jacob and his brother tell their mother that they discovered hunters in the jungle. She speaks against them, saying that they don't belong on the island, unlike she and her two sons, who are there for a reason. At her son's request, she takes them to see this reason. And on the way, she tells them that though people are corrupt and hurt one another, the two of them never can.
She leads them, blindfolded, to the Heart of the Island's cave entrance. She says that all people want the light, and that they must protect it to keep others from extinguishing it. One day, she says, one of the sons will replace her as protector.
Full list of appearances
The theme from "Don't Look at the Light" plays during the following scenes:
- Mother tells the Boy in Black that there is nothing but the island and they won't have to worry about death. ("Across the Sea")
- Mother brings Jacob and the Boy in Black blindfolded to the Heart where tells them that the light inside is desired by man, and she protects it, but will eventually be succeeded by one of the children. ("Across the Sea")
- Mother asks Jacob to stay with her. ("Across the Sea")
- 30 years later, Jacob goes to visit his brother. ("Across the Sea")
- The Man in Black asks Jacob what he will do when Mother dies. ("Across the Sea")
- The Man in Black tells Mother about his plan to leave the island. ("Across the Sea")
- Mother inducts Jacob as the Island's protector. ("Across the Sea")
- Mother returns to the caves and finds Jacob's tapestry destroyed. ("Across the Sea")
- Jacob finds his brother's body and puts him and Mother to rest, and their skeletons are later discovered by Jack, Kate and Locke. ("Across the Sea")
- Jacob tells the assembled candidates about the light and they have to protect it from the Monster. ("What They Died For")
- Locke tells Jack and Desmond that it should "just be the three of us from here on". ("The End")
- Locke, Jack and Desmond reach the cave. ("The End")
- Desmond looks down the waterfall. ("The End")
- Desmond descends. ("The End")
- Desmond reaches the Heart. ("The End")
- In the flash sideways, Jack has a vision of his original life with Kate at the concert, but doesn't understand it. On the Island, Jack, Hurley and Ben return to the Heart. ("The End")
- After descending into the Heart, Jack rescues Desmond. ("The End")
- The light comes back on and surrounds Jack. ("The End")