Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Main Article||Theories about|
Dharma Initiative Recruiting Project
|Theories may be removed if ...|
See the Lostpedia theory policy for more details.
- One of the time traveling survivors tells Pierre Chang about the purge and the end of the Dharma Initiative. Jack, who always thinks altruistically is the main suspect. This person tells him about the purge, George Bush and the Internet. So Chang simply has to record what has been told to him. Pierre Chang has to be convinced by some type of proof.
Characters in the video
- The man filming the video is Daniel Faraday. His voice is very similar, and he doesn't know how to operate the camera, because it's from a very old time.
- The man has to be from the future, because he knows about George Bush, the Internet, and the Purge.
- The baby crying is Charlotte. In "There's No Place Like Home, Part 2", Miles mentioned that she was born on the Island.
- At around 1:46, you can see what appears to be The Monster moving through the jungle.
- Pierre Chang is recording this from 30 years in the past, and the person recording (we'll say Daniel Faraday for my thoery's sake) is having flashforwards to the future, similarly to Desmond flashed back to the past (in "The Constant"). Daniel must then use Desmond as his constant later in the Lost series.
- Desmond wasn't flashing into the past. His past was flashing into the present. But your theory still makes sense.
- I think that Faraday may have been sent back to the past when the Island was moved. This would be different than what happened to Desmond. Desmond's consciousness was time-traveling, where in this case I believe Faraday's physical presence has time-traveled. Alternatively, the man video-taping Pierre Chang could be Jacob. Jacob's consciousness exists in present time on the Island, and it is safe to assume that his physical presence at some point existed there as well. He could be sending his consciousness back 30 years to help shape the future. His disliking of technology could be the reason he doesn't know how to use the camera.