Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Main Article||Theories about|
|Theories may be removed if ...|
See the Lostpedia theory policy for more details.
- Michael used the computer in the hatch to communicate with someone, possibly Walt.
- Might be some kind of wide area network for The DHARMA Initiative.
- The whole Island could be wired with some kind of a telecommunication network
- What sightings coincide with the shutdown? Why is there no safe location? The DharmaTel network may be unstable or having problems because of the security system. The following line from the map indicates problems with the security system:
- "possible catastrophic malfunction of the Cerberus system"
- The cable in the beach, the radio tower, the computer and other gadgets in the Swan might be part of this network.
- If there was a "stationwide failure of Dharmatel intranet" on 01.06.03 (according to the blast door map) and Desmond has been on the island for 3 years before the crash of Flight 815, that would make his landing on the island sometime in 2001. Desmond was at the Swan during the "stationwide failure of Dharamtel intranet" on 01.06.03. Is he going to share this information?
- Note that "01.06.03" could be in canonical sort format, indicating June 3, 2001, which might be prior to Desmond's arrival. However, it is odd to use canonical sort format in a log which obviously spans centuries and not specify the century.
- Unlikely since the other two given dates are clearly not in this format. (4.08.00 and 8.15.01)
- The Dharmatel system may not have ever recovered from the stationwide failure, leading Juliet to mention that the speaker in Jack's tank no longer works.
- ..SO MANY RELAYS.." might refer to the barracks. Radzinsky's descripton untenable can be applied to the mountain surrounded valley in which the barracks is built.
- Dharmatel is related to Palmetto Telesis, seen as a logo on a phone booth in "I Do".
- The straight lines between stations on the the blast door map could indicate comminication links. Not not all stations are connected to all the others. This implies that some stations had access to more information than others.
- The Dharmatel is how the whispers are broadcasted.