The Lost panel take the stage in Comic-Con '06 for a Q&A session with fans.
Comic conventions are fan conventions held annually to celebrate and promote the comic book, comic art and animation/anime industry. Over the years, they have extended to cover a number of TV shows, movies, video games and other pop culture elements popularized by or associated with the science fiction or fantasy genres. They feature interactive discussion panels, special shows and workshops, and encourage fans to dress up in costumes of their favorite characters (known as "cos-play").
Two of the largest conventions, Comic-Con and Dragon*Con, have in the past showcased material from Lost. Both have also included discussion panels in which Lost writers, producers and cast answered fan questions and showed spoilerish material for the next season. The crossover between the Lost and comic book world is considerable not only due to the overlapping interest of fans in both groups, but also due to the fact that many of the writers are professed fans of comic books and/or former comic writers themselves.
- Founded in 1970
- Held annually in the summertime in San Diego, CA
- Lost made its debut at Comic-Con 2004 on July 24 with the world premiere preview of a predict-version of "Pilot, Part 1".
- Guests on panel this year included Damon Lindelof, Bryan Burk, Paul Dini, Matthew Fox, Dominic Monaghan and Evangeline Lilly. Co-executive producer JJ Abrams was scheduled to attend but ultimately did not take part in the panel.
- Guests on panel this year included Damon Lindelof, Bryan Burk, Carlton Cuse, Javier Grillo-Marxuach, Josh Holloway and Maggie Grace.
- Some details of the Season 1 DVD were revealed.
- Damon Lindelof made the statement, "We may never know what the Numbers mean".
See complete 53:36 min transcript at main article: Official Lost Podcast transcript/July 31, 2006
- Guests on panel this year included Damon Lindelof, Bryan Burk, Carlton Cuse, Jorge Garcia and Daniel Dae Kim.
- A preview of the mobisodes was shown; at that time it was called Lost Video Diaries and the premise was different: Hurley found a functional video camera and used it to record events on the Island.
- Reveals/spoilers from the panel discussion included:
- Someone asked a question about time, and the panel responded “You’re making the basic assumption that they’ve been there as long as they think they’ve been there”.
- Season 3 will be "more scientific", and there will be more off-island scenes.
- Desmond will be back in Season 3.
- Kate will choose a lover.
- Revealed the name of one Season 3 episode to be A Tale of Two Cities.
- Bernard and Rose are not involved with DHARMA.
- The countdown clock hieroglyphics mean "Underworld".
- Debunked the theory that the Smoke monster was a Nanobot cloud yet again.
- Neither confirmed nor denied the existence of an underwater hatch.
- Rachel Blake from The Lost Experience made an appearance "in character" and accused the writers of being liars; she then introduced HansoExposed.com. Her outburst can be seen on YouTube. Also, glyphs were found on bracelets of panel members Garcia, Kim and Lindelof.
- Some merchandise was marketed, including McFarlane Toys revealing their new line of Lost figurines.
Rachel Blake's appearance at Comic-Con 2006Rachel Blake at Comic Con(03:25)
See Official Lost Podcast transcript/August 2, 2007 for a partial transcript of the interview
The Lost Season 4 panel appeared on Thursday, July 26 in the San Diego Convention Center's Ballroom 20.
The promotional text read:
" 5:00-6:00 Lost Season 4 — If the Lost finale was any indication of things to come, you will not want to miss this panel! Co-creator/executive producer Damon Lindelof and executive producer Carlton Cuse will discuss the exciting new season of ABC’s Lost, all leading up to the ultimate series finale. They’ll spotlight bonus features from the 3rd season DVD box set, preview the new Lost video game, take questions from the audience, and perhaps serve up more surprises. "
Following the interview was a short film, information about which can be found under the Orchid article.
Part 1Lost at Comic Con '07 (clip 1 of 4)(09:07)
Part 2Lost at Comic Con '07 (clip 2 of 4)(09:50)
Part 3Lost at Comic Con '07 (clip 3 of 4)(09:47)
Part 4Lost at Comic Con '07 (clip 4 of 4)(09:40)
Lost's producers appeared at Comic-Con 2008, which was held between 24th-27th July 2008, the same 3 days and location promoted in the Octagon Global Recruiting advertisement.
A Lost panel was held on Saturday at around noon.
Part 1Comic Con '08 LOST Panel Part 1(06:51)
Part 2Comic Con '08 LOST Panel Part 2(09:59)
Part 3Comic Con '08 LOST Panel Part 3(10:01)
Part 4Comic Con '08 LOST Panel Part 4(09:05)
Part 5Comic Con '08 LOST Panel Part 5 5(06:19)
Part 5 Cut versionComic Con '08 Dharma Video(03:52)
- a collection of some fan-generated content
Mr. Cluck's - Hurley's New Chicken Shack!(00:47)
- a short commercial depicting Oceanic Airlines with a perfect safety record
Michael Emerson's (Ben) Hurley Audition(02:39)
Part 1Lost Comic Con 2009 Panel - Part 1 HD(10:00)
Part 2Lost Comic Con 2009 Panel - Part 2 HD(10:01)
Part 3Lost Comic Con 2009 Panel - Part 3 HD(09:56)
Part 4Lost Comic Con 2009 Panel - Part 4 HD(09:20)
Entertainment Weekly Presents...Totally LOST: One Year Later— EW's Lost gurus Jeff "Doc" Jensen and Dan "Dan" Snierson wax nostalgic about the past, perhaps with a surprise guest or two, and discuss how they're "moving on" in the wake of Lost's departure from the air a year ago. The duo will look to the future by previewing promising TV obsessions. Room 5AB
LOST had a panel at Comic-Con 2011 where there were surprise guests in Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse; the "spat" between the executive producers on Twitter merely a ruse to hide their appearances.
The executive producers answered the question of whether they truly did know the ending of the show way back in season one by shocking the crowd by announcing there is footage they deleted from the "Exodus, Part One", Cuse calling it "too much."
Lost director Jack Bender himself shot the new footage on the Disney backlot on a patch of lawn near where "Brothers & Sisters" used to film, and Titus Welliver and Mark Pellegrino happily showed up to do it."
- Founded in 1987
- Held annually in Atlanta, GA
- Guest appearance by Javier Grillo-Marxuach (though somewhat buried out in the X-Track room, instead of the TV-Track rooms).
- Guest appearances by Javier Grillo-Marxuach, Paul Dini and Mira Furlan.
- Speaker made his first public appearance at the parade, to give out Golden Oracle Apollo Candy (part of ApolloCandy.com Events).
London Film and Comic Con
- Comic book
- Brian K. Vaughan
- Jeph Loeb
- Paul Dini
- Javier Grillo-Marxuach
- YouTube videos/Media appearances
- Comic-Con, Official Site
- Dragon*Con, Official Site
- Blog on S1 preview (2004)
- Entertainment Weekly - Interview of Rachel Blake after Comic-Con 2006 appearance, by Jeff Jensen