|Main Article||Theories about|
|Theories may be removed if ...|
See the Lostpedia theory policy for more details.
- This name assumes that these people were the survivors (or their descendants) of the ship which carried Claudia. It is possible that they arrived at the Island either before or after Claudia; what is certain is that they arrived before the MiB was visited by his mother's ghost. In any case, this label works just as well as any.
- Claudia's people were Roman's as she and Mother were speaking Latin upon her arrival to The Island and The Man In Black's dagger is of Roman design, featuring Roman symbolism.
- Claudia identified them as arriving the day before MiB and Jacob were born, heavily implying it was likely on the same ship as Claudia, unless there were two crashes less than a day apart.
- Claudia's people were Latin-speaking, Roman-era Egyptians. Most, but not all were killed by Jacob's mother, and the remaining members rebuilt the well, perhaps under MiB's guidance, and built the Egyptian-style Lighthouse, the Temple, the ruins, and the statue. Some would escape back to Tunisia (using the wheel), while others would be killed by the Monster.
- The lingua franca of the Roman Empire at the time was Greek rather than Latin, only actual native Romans would have spoken latin. This does make the Egyptian symbols and buildings problematic, though there is no evidence so far that these folks are responsible for them.
- It's said outright that many people have come to the Island since Claudia's people. It's very unlikely all of the Island's varied architecture was created by one group.
MiB's and Jacob's father was among them
- Their father may have survived the wreckage and may have finished raising MiB and also naming him, since he lived with them for nearly thirty years.
- MiB may have told Jacob negative things about the people who lived there because he may have developed some parent issues.