- This article is about the Others' reading group. For other uses of "book club" see: Book club (disambiguation)
The book club in ("A Tale of Two Cities").
- Members included: Juliet, Amelia, Adam, and four Others background cast, three of whom appeared in later episodes.
- Ben didn't attend at least one meeting hosted by Juliet.
- As of July 2008 there is a feature on abc.com called Book Club.
Juliet holding Stephen King's "Carrie" in ("A Tale of Two Cities").
- Adam criticized Juliet's reading selection, saying that Ben wouldn't even read it in the bathroom.
- In contrast, Ben previously intimated to Locke in "Maternity Leave" that he liked Stephen King, specifically preferring his books to those of Dostoyevsky. This may have been a bit of ironic humor on Ben's part, since the Book Club had been reading a Stephen King novel immediately before witnessing the plane crash, and Ben was interrogated by the survivors 58 days later.
- Juliet told Adam that it was her favorite book. Later, when the Others were drawn outside by the mid-air breakup of Oceanic Flight 815, she was still clutching the book.
- Ben was a member, and thought Carrie was depressing. He was apparently kicked out of the club by Juliet after the altercation in his kitchen regarding Ben and Rachel's cancer. ("One of Us")
- It's notable that so many copies of the same book are available on the Island. The copies of the book are also various editions with different sleeve artwork.
- If Ben was still in the club, there would be eight members.
- For fan theories about these unanswered questions, see: Book club/Theories