|Main Article||Theories about|
|Theories may be removed if ...|
See the Lostpedia theory policy for more details.
- May be related to the "abnormal blood" of Alvar Hanso as cited in The Lost Experience.
- The characters that have had blood drawn by the Others have all had/nearly had kids. Claire has Aaron, Michael has Walt, Sawyer has Clementine. Although Kate and Jack don't have kids, Sarah and Kate have both taken a pregnancy test. This may show that some of the Others are researching fertility results.
- Walt may very well have supernatural powers (i.e.: projection or summoning). The blood sample taken from Michael and the "experiments" done on Walt give evidence to this. Since Michael is a part of Walt's bloodline (presumably), the Others could be trying to determine where these abilities came from.
- The blood sample may have been taken from Michael to check for "the sickness" that wiped out Rousseau's expedition.
- The blood sample taken from Michael may simply be a DNA test to see if he's really Walt's father.