Image from the Jigsaw Puzzles.
15 is the third of the Numbers. Below is a list of appearances on the show, by episode chronology.
Occurrences in the show
- The Oceanic flight number was 815. ("Pilot, Part 1")
- The nearest town from Ray Mullen's farm was 15 kilometers away. ("Tabula Rasa")
- Sun was instructed by the decorator to walk out of the airport 15 minutes after the hour. ("House of the Rising Sun")
- The appointment when Claire wanted to sign the adoption form was at 8:15AM. ("Raised by Another")
- The number of the safe deposit box that Kate robbed was 815. ("Whatever the Case May Be")
- Boone flew 15 hours to rescue Shannon. ("Hearts and Minds")
- The copiers that Charlie was trying to sell were model Number C-815. ("Homecoming")
- The whiskey bottle that Sawyer and Christian drank from had a number 15 on it. ("Outlaws")
- Aisle 15 had nerf balls in Locke's store (aisle 8 for regular ones, strange that the balls were kept so far apart). ("Deus Ex Machina")
- 15 years passed between when Kate and Tom Brennan buried the time capsule and the crash of Flight 815; also, it was buried on 8/15. ("Born to Run")
- Michael and Walt’s room number was 815. ("Exodus, Part 1")
- Shannon said she didn't want to sit next to a crying baby for 15 hours. ("Exodus, Part 1")
- The raft was 15 miles out to sea when they discovered the blip on the radar. ("Exodus, Part 2")
- When Jack met Desmond in the stadium, 15 could be seen in the seat number in the lowest row of seats (lower-right corner, wide-screen version) when Jack started to run upstairs just before he tripped.
The Safety deposit box is numbered Number1516
- Adam Rutherford's time of death was recorded in St. Sebastian Hospital at 8:15. ("Man of Science, Man of Faith")
- Teresa Cortez's door had "315 Captain" on it. ("Collision")
- In Charlie's place, a Drive Shaft "Drive Across America Tour" poster hung for their concert on 8/15/2000. ("Fire + Water")
- Anthony Cooper's safety deposit box was Number1516. ("Lockdown")
- The Blast Door map featured the expression "√16. √64. √225" beneath The Flame which evaluates to 4, 8, and 15. ("Lockdown")
- According to the driver's license found by Sayid, the real Henry Gale lived on 815 Walnut Ridge Rd. ("Lockdown")
- 15 people started helping Bernard build the SOS sign, before the numbers dwindled. ("S.O.S.")
- One of the LAPD cars had the number 15 on it. ("Two for the Road")
'15th Annual Girls of Fiji Pictorial'
- Jack's pager had the time 7:15:23 on it. ("A Tale of Two Cities")
- Jae Lee's hotel room number was 1516. ("The Glass Ballerina")
- 4:8:15 can be seen carved into Eko's stick upon close examination. ("The Cost of Living")
- The issue of Playpen seen in Sawyer's stash featured a '15th Annual Girls of Fiji Pictorial'. ("Flashes Before Your Eyes")
- The delivery man in Desmond's flashback was looking for room 815. ("Flashes Before Your Eyes")
- The photo cart in Desmond's flashback had the number 15 on the side of it. ("Flashes Before Your Eyes")
- The photographer in Desmond's flashback gave him 15 quid in change from a 20 quid bill. ("Flashes Before Your Eyes")
- In Enter 77, when Locke beats the computer in chess, 15 pieces are seen on the board.
- In the orientation video for The Orchid, a rabbit was seen with 15 painted on its side. (Orchid orientation film)
- The docket number of Kate's trial was 42231815. ("Eggtown")
- Desmond awoke in Daniel Faraday's Oxford laboratory and said he was in the future for 5 minutes. Daniel said Desmond was catatonic 75 minutes. The ratio of 75 to 5 is 15. ("The Constant")
- Ben told Locke the combination to the safe behind the picture in his house was 36-15-28. ("The Other Woman")
- "Kevin Johnson" pressed the execute button on Michael's bomb when the countdown reached 15; the scene also cuts back to showing the bomb's timer at 8, and again at 4 seconds. ("Meet Kevin Johnson")
- While playing risk, Sawyer rolled 6-6-3 = 15. ("The Shape of Things to Come")
- Hurley ate 15-year-old DHARMA Initiative crackers. ("There's No Place Like Home, Part 1")
- Sayid shot a man outside the Santa Rosa Mental Health Institute at 8:15. ("There's No Place Like Home, Part 2")
15 people were recruited
- The number on Pierre Chang's alarm clock was 8:15. ("Because You Left")
- Juliet told Daniel that the Swan was a 15 minute walk from the camp. ("Because You Left")
- As Sun went down the escalator at the airport, the woman on the intercom mentioned flight 23 to Paris at Gate 15. ("Because You Left")
- Jack's cell phone number was 323-555-0156. ("The Lie")
- There were 15 chocolates in the box that Sun received at her hotel as Kate left. ("The Little Prince")
- Danielle Rousseau said her team left Tahiti on November 15th. ("This Place Is Death")
- As Eloise Hawking was explaining the origins of the Lamp Post, the camera sweeps over the map of the Pacific, where several numbers are scribbled, including 30' 23' N and 15' 22 E.
- Jack, Kate, Sayid, Hurley, and Ben flew out of gate 15 on Ajira Airlines.
- The batch of recruits that Hurley, Jack, and Kate came in on contained 15 people in total. (Namaste)
- LaFleur ordered all personnel to the house that was burning, which was building 15. ("He's Our You")
- Miles had 15 piercings in his ears and face in a flashback. ("Some Like It Hoth")
Sawyer's name is shown as 15 inside Jacob's cave wall. ("The Substitute")
- James "Sawyer" Ford was number 15 on Jacob's list on the cave wall.
- The adoption agency that Claire visited in the FST was on floor 15. ("The Last Recruit")
- The law firm that Desmond visited in the FST was on floor 15 in the same building as the adoption agency that Claire visited. ("The Last Recruit")
The Lost Experience
- 08/15 and 08/16 were the respective dates of the Widmore twins' births in Gary Troup's 'Bad Twin'. (Bad Twin)
- Cliff began his search for Zander on April 15th (4/15). (Bad Twin)
Outside the show and real life occurrences
- The number of checkers each side has in the beginning of a backgammon game.
- In tennis, the number 15 represents the first point gained in a game.
- The number corresponding to The Devil in tarot cards.
- 15 minutes of fame
- In the Damon Lindelof-written comic book Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk, the Hulk is said to have killed 815 people in a New York rampage.
- In Richard Adams' (author of Watership Down) book The Plague Dogs, Snitter was labeled with the number 815 in the Animal Research (Experiments on animals).
- In Saturday_Night_Live, when Matthew Fox hosted (#611, December 2, 2006), he said in the elevator scene (called Lost in an Elevator on tviv ) "I've been married for 15 years".
- Hispanic Girls have quinceneras on their 15th birthday.
- The Hiroshima bomb was dropped at 8:15 am.